- Apply Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth to the pet’s entire fur coat making sure to rub it down to the skin. Do this for a period for two weeks, every day. Make sure not to miss the legs, belly, or hind quarters.
- During this two week period take the product and apply in a light and visible coat to pet bedding indoors, flooring around the bedding, rugs, and upholstery. Leave for the first week, clean, and then reapply for the next week in the same fashion.
- Clean thoroughly indoors and see where you stand. In most cases this eliminates the population and cuts off the gestational period. We do understand that in some cases fleas can get out of hand and we ask if you still notice some to reapply for another week or two both to your pet indoors.
- Apply Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth in the same fashion to your pet’s entire fur coat every couple of days to ensure a good preventative measure.
- Apply Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth also around the perimeter of kennels, cages, perimeter of your house and make sure it is lightly visible. Be sure to reapply to the perimeter and other areas if it rains.
Sand fleas are a major pest in Florida and they are in huge numbers so some choose to apply diatomaceous earth to their entire lawn a few times. Mix 1/2 Lawn Sand & 1/2 Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth in a fertilizer spreader to ensure the product falls evenly. The product is very fine so be sure not to open the spreader too much. Make sure the application is light and visible and re-apply after every rain.