How Diatomaceous Earth (DE) Works
EARTHWORKS HEALTH LLC offers the PUREST Freshwater Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth on the Planet!
THERE IS NO CLAY IN OUR PRODUCT.
DIATOMACEOUS EARTH FAQ
Firstly, we get many questions asked to us every day — KEEP ON ASKING–we want to answer all your questions. Here is a list of FAQ you might want to look over 1st to see if the answer is here:
How can something that kills bugs not be harmful for me and my pets?
HOW CAN SOMETHING THAT KILLS BUGS NOT BE HARMFUL TO ME OR MY PETS?
Remember–Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth kills insects by PHYSICAL action—not chemical. Hundreds of the microscopic particles get all over the insects body. As the insects move, it scratches the waxy coating off of them and they dehydrate and die. Because the particles are so small–they cause no harm to people and pets. It is a simple mineral—silica.
Is the same product used for killing bugs and helping people?
IS THE SAME PRODUCT USED FOR KILLING BUGS AND HELPING PEOPLE AND PETS?
How much Food Grade DE should a person take each day?
I have heard DE is dangerous--especially breathing it in.
Will Food Grade DE interfere with any medication I am now taking?
WILL FOOD GRADE DE INTERFERE WITH ANY MEDICATION I AM NOW TAKING?
If this stuff is so great, why have I never heard of it before?
Why are your prices so much less than others selling DE?
WHY ARE YOUR PRICES SO MUCH LESS THAN OTHERS SELLING DE?
Do you have pricing for large amounts of DE?
DO YOU HAVE PRICING FOR LARGE AMOUNTS OF DE?
Do you ship to other countries?
DO YOU SHIP TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
Can I pick up DE myself to save shipping costs?
CAN I PICKUP DE MYSELF TO SAVE ON SHIPPING COSTS?
What is the total analysis of DE?
WHAT IS THE TOTAL ANALYSIS OF DE?
Does diatomaceous earth ever get old or expire?
DOES DE EVER GET OLD OR EXPIRE?
Can I get a SDS sheet on DE?
CAN I GET A SDS SHEET ON DE?
DIATOMACEOUS EARTH HEALTH BENEFITS: WHY AND HOW
1) As you can see from the picture of the magnified diatomaceous earth, it looks like a cylinder full of holes. Kind of like Rice Chex Cereal.
3) A small amount of diatomaceous earth gets absorbed into the blood stream as silica. One of the benefits of Silica is that it helps to destroy bad fats. Diatomaceous Earth Maintains a healthy cholesterol range. Go to the page on “Human Use” and review all of the benefits of silica to the body.
1. Reduce Joint Inflammation
2. Maintain healthy skin
3. Hair and nails grow stronger and grow faster
4. Tooth and gum health
5. Maintain a healthy respiratory tract
6. Menopause has less symptoms including hot Flashes & Mood swings
7. Healthier urinary tract
The benefits of silica are many
In today’s grains, there is actually a shortage of silica. Years ago, the silica found in our foodstuffs was adequate, but with today’s hybrids and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in our food. Diatomaceous Earth is a simple and inexpensive way to get the silica your body needs.
Any food grade diatomaceous earth uses other than those approved by the EPA, FDA, or USDA are strictly reports of what hundreds of users as well as we ourselves have done with diatomaceous earth.
Firstly, On this page, we have categorized some of the results from testimonial reports that we have reviewed regarding food grade diatomaceous earth human use health benefits, and wherever possible between our “About DE” Page and our “How-To” Page, we try to reflect the science behind the testimonials.
Of course, most actual in depth health related studies are initiated and controlled by the pharmaceutical industry, and why should those companies study the value of health remedies found in nature that could actually hurt their bottom line?
So here, we will endeavor to discuss the results that diatomaceous earth food grade users have experienced by taking a heaping tablespoon of diatomaceous earth in their favorite juice or liquid on a daily basis without the benefit of an industry sponsored study.
For more background on how diatomaceous earth human use works within the body to create the benefits related on this page, see the sections under About DE & our How-To videos section or feel free to call us at 1-800-228-5836.
Some people react with great skepticism regarding human consumption of diatomaceous earth human use so we do hope to help illuminate the logical reasoning behind the health claims of CONSUMERS regarding the use of food grade diatomaceous earth for human health.
Of 600 DE deposits in the USA, only 4 rate in purity by FDA standards to be “Food Grade”. Out of the 4 mines we are speaking of, we get ours from the purest of the 4. this product is 89% silica with 11% trace minerals.
My name is Larry Smith, (President of Earthworks Health, LLC and earthworkshealth.com). For better health, people like me and my family take one or two tablespoons of diatomaceous earth human use in a liquid every day.
Many people benefit from just one tablespoon daily! I mix it with grapefruit juice and my wife mixes it with just water. Other options are mixing the diatomaceous earth with soda pop, juice, or whatever liquid you prefer.
Some mix diatomaceous earth food grade in protein shakes, applesauce or yogurt. Our food grade diatomaceous earth is pure. There is no actual flavor or taste to it. Since diatomaceous earth does not dissolve, stirring the mixture several times as you drink it will prevent settling.
Some folks experience higher energy levels, so it is probably best not to take just before sleeping. Not to worry about taking too much – any excess silica not needed by the body is naturally pushed out via the intestinal tract… but we must find our own comfortable levels.
Remarkable diatomaceous earth health human use benefits through Silica
As previously noted, like most wonderful natural products, this product requires an FDA Disclaimer: “This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Discussion of diatomaceous earth human use health benefits are based solely on personal experience and testimony shared by individual diatomaceous earth users and this company cannot market or label diatomaceous earth as a human health supplement with specific medical claims.” Having said that, It is required of us to use the term “may help” when referring to benefits of Diatomaceous Earth.
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) may help to absorb methyl mercury, E. coli, endotoxins, viruses, organophosphate pesticide residues, and drug residues.
Diatomaceous Earth may be an organic and NON-GMO colon cleanser and detoxifier. Cleansing and detoxification alone has a myriad of positive effects in the human body.
Mechanisms are cited on the “About DE” page. Adding to this is the widespread deficiency in human dietary sources of what is called “the most important trace element in human health” – Silica, and how rich diatomaceous earth is in this substance, we begin to understand the basis of the health benefits that so many have attested to.
Only a trace amount of the diatomaceous earth silica is absorbed into the blood stream, and just that amount is a substantial gain for the user.
A growing number of people count beneficial human side effects of diatomaceous earth and SILICA as being nothing short of vital to their well-being and exhibit genuine devotion toward its use.
The only cautionary side effect that we have found relating to food grade diatomaceous earth has to do with direct inhalation and is essentially the same caution that is advised when handling any fine powder. Diatomaceous Earth is a very fine powder. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is 89% Silica.
It was established in the 1940s that life can’t exist without Silica. More recently, in her book “Water & Salt” Dr. Barbara Hendel states:
“Silica is the most important trace element in human health.” Silica plays an important role in many bodily functions and has a direct relationship to mineral absorption.
The average human body holds approximately seven grams of silica, needing significantly more silica than even important minerals such as iron. Most people are, in fact, silica deficient. We carry around 90mcgs of silica per 1 gram of hair we have on our bodies and we carry around 100mcgs of silica per 1 gram of bone. Silica is in all of our connective tissue and it is so very important to include this mineral in our diets.
Among other things, enough silica in the body is vital for calcium absorption to allow calcium supplements to work. If Silica deficient, as is the case in the vast majority of us, calcium supplementation can even be a negative.
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is an excellent natural and organic source of silica.
Other Reported Health Benefits of Silica / Diatomaceous Earth Include:
- Maintaining Healthy Blood Pressure Levels Maintaining Healthy Cholesterol Levels
- Better Calcium Utilization for help with Osteoporosis and Healthier Joints
- Stimulates Basic Metabolism(weight loss)
- Improvement in Hair, Nails, Teeth & Gums
- More Energy
- Overall feeling of Well Being.
Osteoporosis, Joints & Calcium
Osteoporosis is a symptom of the aging process. As calcium in our body system depletes, our bones become brittle and weak.
Taking only a calcium supplement cannot correct or stop this threatening and crippling disease because the body cannot assimilate and make use of the calcium without the presence of silica. Silica plays an important part in formation of bones and also the hardness of bones. Your bones are not just made up of calcium but also magnesium and SILICA! As mentioned above, there is 100mcg of silica per 1 gram of bone in your body.
Evidence suggests that, instead of affecting healing, supplemental mineral calcium, on the contrary, accelerates the leaching away of bone calcium and thus hastens the degenerative process of osteoporosis and similar diseases that affect the supportive and connective tissues in the human body. The Silica found in diatomaceous earth human use, enhances calcium absorption.
Silica may stop the pain and even restore the body’s self-repair process. Osteoporosis symptoms attack women primarily after menopause but the degenerative process starts much earlier in their younger days.
More women are dying of fractures caused by osteoporosis than of cancer of the breast, cervix, and uterus combined. Silica is responsible for the depositing of minerals into the bones, especially calcium.
Silica may speed up the healing of fractures and also may reduce scarring at the site of a fracture. More and more research evidence shows that through a transmutation process, silica is turned into calcium when it is needed.
That is why some scientists refer to silica as a precursor of calcium. Even when calcium is insufficient, the body can turn silica into calcium that the bones need.
Natural Weight Loss
We have been getting hundreds of reports from all over the United States that diatomaceous earth is helping people lose weight. Everyone is saying that diatomaceous earth taken in the morning helps curb their appetite throughout the day. Just one more reason to take it every day!
We find that individuals that are overweight or obese find the best result with food grade diatomaceous earth as it is cleaning out massive amounts of toxin form the intestinal tract. This results in better absorption of critical nutrients and thus may speed up metabolism, resulting in weight loss and a feeling satisfaction from eating less food. We should not consider food grade diatomaceous earth to be a weight loss supplement but rather a cleanse of your digestive tract so you are able to absorb more and eat less junk.
Detox Your Body
Diatomaceous Earth human use health benefits reported to include a safe and effective detox! According to Kayla T. Daniel, PhD, CCN and Galen D. Knight, PhD in their article “Mad as a Hatter” there is no better product to detox HEAVY METALS and RADIATION from your body than with Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth! Please click the link to be directed to the article! It is amazing!
Today, we eat lots of boxed and prepackaged foods that are loaded with toxins and heavy metals. Much of this toxin is directed to our digestive tract where it is caked onto our digestive tract walls and is slowly leaked into the body and causes mass inflammation in our guts. We FIRMLY believe that is where all colitis issues begin.
Nature’s Internal Cosmetic
In Europe and Asia, diatomaceous earth health benefits are widely recognized to include use as a health and beauty product for hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints. Silica is needed in connective tissue, examples are hair, skin, and nails. We have a staggering amount of reports that Food Grade diatomaceous earth has helped to improve the look and health of all three.
Tissue Degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture when left unassisted. Cells in the presence of silica increase the amount of oxygen they hold. More oxygen results in more inflammation being carried out the body. With less inflammation in connective tissue, your joints and tendons will have less pain. Around 70% of all testimonials we have received have to do with arthritic pain being reduced or completely eliminated.
Silica may help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life, which are often lost as the years accumulate, may be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin.
Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica glycosaminoglycan, the collagen will make us look younger.
Silica may help with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, callouses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bed sores.
If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin may keep its youthful look. A good silica supplementation program works far better than other products for maintaining healthier and longer lasting collagen.
Hair That Grows
Hair is nature’s greatest beauty enhancer. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms of silica per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram.
Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.
Teeth and Gums
By hardening the enamel, silica may prevent cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also may prevent bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss.
Silica may also help fight ulceration and the decay of bones and teeth and also lessens inflammation.
You are able to use Food grade diatomaceous earth once or twice a week along with your toothpaste for a dentist clean you can feel. Just dip your wet toothbrush in some Food grade diatomaceous and then apply your toothbrush and brush away!
Tough As Nails
Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. Silica supplementation may help nails grow much faster than normal. We have reports of silica supplementation resulting in a 100% increase in the length nails grow in a month.
With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.
Restorative Effects of Silica
This may be most noticeable on your hair, skin, nails and teeth. Our skin and hair require silica essentially for the same purpose as do other tissues.
As we know, the supporting collagen underneath the skin enhances elasticity and beauty. Collagen owes that quality to silica, which provides a beautiful complexion that is more than skin deep.
More Reported Benefits Of diatomaceous earth human use
• Silica maintains healthy cholesterol levels
• Silica maintains healthy skin
• Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels
• Diatomaceous Earth has a negative charge and a bacterium has a positive charge. It is believed that diatomaceous earth may sweep bacteria out of the body by trapping it in its honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
• Silica supplementation may help repair and maintain vital lung tissue and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissue, silica can reduce inflammation in bronchitis.
• It may act as a cough decreasing agent. Silica may tone the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, and larynx) and reduce swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
• Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side effects of menopause including fatigue, loss of sex drive, HOT FLASHES, and mood swings.
• Silica may work with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
• Silica may help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
• The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines may reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It may cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica may prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
• Silica may help normalize hemorrhoid tissues.
• In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica may have a pleasant side effect; it may alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
• Silica often proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
• The intake of silica may act as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear.
• Maintains healthy anti-inflammatory and odor binding effects.
• Silica may maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
• Silica may decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
• Silica may help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
• Silica may help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart’s key blood vessel, thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
• By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica may help rheumatism.
• Silica may have inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
Silica may help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimer’s disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.
Most who use diatomaceous earth mixed with a juice or liquid say that they use 1-2 tablespoons daily as a normal and regular silica supplementation program. There are some that choose to take this product for its detoxification properties and we suggest you start at 1/2 teaspoon per day for the first week and every week there after please increase your dose by 1/2 teaspoon until you reach the recommended 1-2 tablespoons. After you have reached the recommended dose please stick with that dose on a regular daily basis. We know of no counteractions with a mineral like silica. You may take with or without food or supplements.
REQUIRED FDA DISCLAIMER: *
Content on this site is for reference purposes only, based on reviews from users of diatomaceous earth.
It is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed healthcare professional.
User statements regarding this dietary supplement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Those with health problems, pregnancy or who are nursing are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking any nutritional supplement.
* Any food grade diatomaceous earth uses other than those approved by the EPA, FDA, or USDA are strictly anecdotal reports of what countless numbers of users as well as we ourselves have done with diatomaceous earth.
Firstly, this page is dedicated to informing about parasites, where they come from, how someone may acquire them, and the use of Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth against them.
Whether it is worms or microscopic parasites, humans and animals are infested, whether they think they have them or not. Since there is a growing collective of thoughts on parasites and the dangers of them, we would like to provide you with some information about them and how to use Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth against them effectively.
Let us start with describing some of the common parasites in the United States and how they are acquired.
Above you will notice a map of intestinal parasites that lets us know the percentage of parasites found within an animals’ digestive tract in the United States. Historically when animals or pets have parasites, more than likely their human counterparts will either have the same type of parasite or will acquire them from the animal at some point. This is why it is so important to not only ingest Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for yourself but to have your animals/pets ingest the Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth also to make sure they do not keep spreading the parasite.
Above you will see the pinworm, which is one of the most common parasitic worms found within the digestive tract of an animal or human.
Symptoms of Pinworms
Pinworms often cause no symptoms but some individuals may experience:
• Itching of the Anal or Vaginal area
• Insomnia, Irritability, and Restlessness
• Intermittent abdominal Pain and Nausea
How Do You Get Pinworms
• Swallowing or breathing in Pinworm Eggs
• Itching at the Anal of Vaginal area which will in turn spread eggs to toys, bed linens, toilet seats, food, liquids, clothes, and other people
• Pinworms can survive on surfaces for two to three weeks
Above you will see the tapeworm, which is also one of the most common parasitic worms here in the US.
Symptoms of Tapeworm
• Intestinal Infection
• Loss of Appetite
• Abdominal Pain
• Weight Loss and Inadequate absorption of nutrients from foods
• Invasive Infection (If tapeworm has migrated out of the digestive tract
• Cystic Masses or Lumps
• Allergic Reactions to the Larvae
• Bacterial Infections
• Neurological Signs and Symptoms such as seizures, blindness, confusion, and severe vertigo
How You Get a Tapeworm Infection
• Ingestion of the eggs (If you eat or drink food containing the tapeworm eggs, ex. A pig has a tapeworm and the animal’s feces hits the ground and either a human or animal were to orally come into contact with that contaminated soil, the eggs would then develop into larvae and then finally a tapeworm in your digestive tract).
• Ingestion of Larvae in meat of muscle tissue (Raw meat, undercooked meat, raw seafood like oysters and shellfish, eating animals with tapeworm larvae within its muscle tissue).
Above you will see a picture of giardia, which is a common parasite in Dogs & Cats & is spread to humans.
Symptoms of Giardia
• Watery, sometimes foul smelling diarrhea that may alternate with, greasy stools.
• Fatigue or Malaise
• Abdominal Cramps and Bloating
• Gas or Flatulence
• Weight Loss
How You Get Giardia
• Swallowing contaminated water
• Eating Contaminated Food
• Animal to Person Contact
• Person to Person Contact
Above you will see the fungal parasite called Candida. More than often, women suffer from this fungus more than men.
Symptoms of Candida
• Skin and nail fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus
• Feeling tired or run down or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
• Digestive Issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
• Autoimmune disorders such as Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, lupus, psoriasis, scleroderma, or multiple sclerosis
• Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD, and brain fog
• Skin Issues like eczema, hives, or rashes
• Irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression
• Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching, or vaginal itching
• Severe & Unusual seasonal allergies & Itchy ears
• Strong sugar or refined carbohydrate cravings
How You Get a Candida Overgrowth
• Eating a diet high in carbohydrates and refined sugars
• Consuming a large amount of alcohol often
• Taking oral contraceptives
• Living a high-stress lifestyle
• Taking a round of antibiotics that killed too many of our friendly bacteria that would normally fight off an overgrowth
For close to 10 years we have heard countless reports and many testimonials from customers stating that, when they took food grade diatomaceous earth, their symptoms were improved or in conjunction with other lifestyle changes have helped to improve symptoms and help improve quality of life. Customers are usually taking 1-2 Tablespoons all at once, in a beverage of choice, in the morning to early afternoon hours.
Many of our customers state that they have taken the Food Grade diatomaceous earth for at least 90 days to rid these parasites. We have taken the Food Grade diatomaceous earth for years now and is part of our daily supplement regime. We ask that you remain on the product for as long as possible to supplement silica to your body and help control and prevent any parasite from doing damage to your body in your digestive tract.
For animals, we do have a feeding chart located on our pets and animals section. There are chemical wormers out there for humans and animals but I must restate the word “chemical”. These drugs are not the safest to take and why would you give something like that to your pet companions. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is completely chemical free and is deemed organic compliant via OMRI and is listed as Kosher via Kosher services. Take the natural and organic route to help avoid these harsh chemicals!
Diatomaceous Earth – Household Uses
Make a paste with diatomaceous earth food grade and water to make a metal polish. Diatomaceous Earth food grade also makes a very inexpensive soft scrub for the shower, sink and faucets.
Face Mask and Cleanser:
Mix diatomaceous earth food grade and water together until you have made a paste. Apply to the face with circular scrubbing motion until face is fully covered. Leave on face for approx. 2 min. and then wash off with warm water. Your face will be fully exfoliated and toned for pennies!! Mix diatomaceous earth food grade with your favorite cleanser and you will have cleaner, smoother skin.
Sprinkle a small amount on your favorite brand of toothpaste and brush as you normally would. You will notice that your teeth look and feel “Just went to the dentist” clean.
Garage/Driveway Oil Stains:
To remove oil stains from garage floor or driveway: Make sure area is dry and completely cover the stain with diatomaceous earth food grade. Let the powder soak up the oil for 24 hours. Remove the excess with a metal spatula or paint scraper and dispose.
Diatomaceous Earth food grade can be used in the same way as baking soda to banish odors. Leave an open box or jar of diatomaceous earth food grade in the refrigerator and freezer. Replace with fresh DE every week or so.
For fresh smelling footware, place some diatomaceous earth food grade into the ends of two knee high nylon stockings and tie a knot the top. Place the stockings inside shoes or boots. Leave until used again.
To remove stains from carpets, cover the stain with diatomaceous earth food grade and lightly work into the stain. Let set for at least 2 hours and vacuum up.
Garbage Can Odor:
To deodorize a garbage can with diatomaceous earth food grade, sprinkle a cup or so of diatomaceous earth food grade in the bottom of the garbage can. Will deodorize and absorb moisture.
PETS AND ANIMALS
For Our Best Friends, Cats, dogs, rabbits, birds & many of God’s critters.
Firstly, this top section of the pets and animals section is to provide a summarization of how our Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth can help kill and prevent insects like fleas, ticks, and mites from infesting your precious pets.
PETS: Our best friends come in all shapes and sizes. Protect them from fleas and other crawling insects with Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous earth. Thoroughly treat floor and bedding in and around pets’ sleeping quarters. Treat surrounding cracks and crevices, baseboards, carpeting and wherever fleas and other crawling insects are suspected.
Recommended by Vets.
CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth kills by physical action, not chemical. The tiny diatoms scratch off the insect’s waxy coating, and they dehydrate and die.
Drs. Kim Bloomer & Jeannie Thomason, hosts of the online radio show, Animal Talk Naturally Animal Talk Naturally have this to say about our Perm-guard Crawling Insect Control diatomaceous earth:
“Our work is based on natural, preventive care for animals, so of course we are always on the lookout for good, quality NATURAL products to help our clients and our listening audience that won’t break the bank.” We have long been proponents of Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth as a natural pest control for all animals. EARTHWORKS HEALTH has provided us the high quality and affordability in their Perma-guard product that we look for in our own personal use as well as for our clients.”..
We thank Drs. Bloomer & Thomason for their kind words.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The Bottom Section of pets and animals explains how Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth can improve the health of your pets.
Regular Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
for Pet and Animal Consumption:
The Following is Recommended Food daily doses for Dogs and Cats. The Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth seems to create an environment in the digestive system that parasites cannot live in. Also reported are great results with sore and painful hips and joints, and even a fuller, healthier shiny coat when fed as a regular daily supplement.
Animal Suggested Rate
Large Cats 1 teaspoon
Kittens 1/4 teaspoon
Dogs 100 lbs. + 1-2 tablespoons
Dogs 50-100 lbs. 1 tablespoon Dogs 10-50 lbs. 1 teaspoon
Mini dogs 1-10 lbs. 1/2 teaspoon
O.C. Collins, DVM, of Midland Animal Clinic and Hospital in Midland, Texas said,
“In clinical observations of feeding dogs over 35 lbs. 1 tablespoon/day, and dogs under 35 lbs. 1 teaspoon/day, of diatomaceous earth, within seven days, all internal disappeared from stools. Diatomaceous Earth controlled Ascarids (Toxocana), Hookworms (Anclyostoma caninum), and Whipworms (Trichuris vulipis).”
Now who wouldn’t want this for their pets?
Diatomaceous Earth Pro Pet Powder PET FOOD SUPPLEMENT! COMPARE THIS PRODUCT TO DYNO-VITE!
PRO PET POWDER is Now in Stock and ready to ship! PRO PET POWDER is a diatomaceous earth Pet Food Supplement with lots of goodies added!! While still 90% Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, the other 10% is packed with several nutrients to enhance the health of your dog or cat. We have added the Probiotic Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Digestive Enzymes, Yeast Culture, Multi-Vitamins and Chelated Trace Minerals. There are approximately 120 tablespoons in this 1 pound container, so even if you have a large dog and are using a tablespoon a day, this is a 4-month supply. If feeding to a cat or small dog, this is up to a years supply! Scoop is included.
As pets get older, they often get sore hips and painful joints. Diatomaceous Earth in your pet’s daily diet will reduce arthritic inflammation.
Other suggestions for food grade diatomaceous earth for pets:
- For your pet’s living areas: Apply to moist kennel and bedding areas to reduce odors and to keep the area dry.
2. Cat Litter/Kitty Litter: Liberally add Diatomaceous Earth to litter box to effectively control dampness and odors.
DIATOMACEOUS EARTH FOR LIVESTOCK:
Goats, chickens, horses, cows, pigs, sheep, rabbits and others will benefit from the use of Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. As well as being beneficial to animal health our Diatomaceous Earth also acts as an anti-caking additive to help the feed ingredients from sticking together.
More LIVESTOCK BENEFITS that have been observed:
• Stimulates basic metabolism
• Converts feed better
• Reduces the desire to lick soil
• Scouring or diarrhea: when fed it seems to act as a material that draws both virus and bacteria out of the body and solidifies the stool
• Reduces odor and moisture in barns and stalls
• Better coat and hoof condition
• Reduces annual vet bills–decreased mortality
• Dairy cattle: Increased milk production
• Better egg production, stronger eggs, and reduces overall animal stress
Suggested LIVESTOCK FEEDING and Application Rates:
Animal – Suggested Rate
Beef Cattle or Dairy Cattle – 1% of total weight of dry ration or 1 oz. per day
Calves – 4 grams in morning milk per calf or 2 oz. per day in feed
Chickens – 5% in feed, use at full strength in dusting boxes
Hogs – 2% of total feed ration, dust or spray on bedding and animals
Horses – 5 oz. (1 cup) in daily feed ration
Sheep – 1% in ground grains 1 part Diatomaceous Earth to 2 parts T-M salt
Goats – 1% in grain, 1/2 oz. per day, up to 50% in T-M salt
FOR LARGE ANIMALS, Diatomaceous Earth may be offered as “FREE CHOICE” as long as the dispenser is well protected from the wind. Your livestock will also gain benefits from the many trace MINERALS naturally provided by our Freshwater Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, and DE helps reduce animal excrement odors that draw flies.
Important Notice: Feed ONLY Organic Freshwater Food Grade DE To animals.
* Any food grade diatomaceous earth uses other than those approved by the EPA, FDA, or USDA are strictly reports of what hundreds of users as well as we ourselves have done with diatomaceous earth.
ORGANIC PEST CONTROL
FOR GARDEN INSECTS:
Firstly, all you need is Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth, and either an inexpensive Pest Pistol Powder Duster ($8.99) or the more heavy duty Dustin-Mizer Powder Duster ($34). For very large agricultural applications, most use the Hudson Bak-Pak Duster Sprayer ($319).
For DRY APPLICATION of Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth, use a duster and cover entire plant, applying to both top and bottom of leaf. Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth will need reapplication after a heavy rain. Applies best when there is dew or after a light rain. It is a long lasting, effective powder as long as it is visible and dry. You may also side dress plants or form a circle, as a barrier, around the base of the plant.
Insects cannot build up resistance or immunity to Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth as they do with chemicals Wear a dust mask when applying large amounts. Otherwise, just avoid direct inhalation as when using baby powder or any fine powder.
FOR HOUSEHOLD INSECTS:
See our separate page for bedbugs and our page for fleas. We also have how-to videos under the how to section of the website. For household insects cockroaches, ants, earwigs, crickets, silverfish, beetles, and other crawling insects. Lightly coat a thin layer of CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL Diatomaceous Earth in areas where these pests are found and may hide in such as cracks and crevices, behind and beneath refrigerators, cabinets, stoves, garbage cans and in and around sewer pipes and drains, window frames and in attics and basements.Dust insects directly if possible. Repeat treatment regularly.
It’s best to have two inexpensive accessories for dispensing your CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL Diatomaceous Earth. We suggest the Pest Pistol Powder Duster to puff it into crevices ($8.99), and our Plastic Shake Dispenser ($4.00). They are both refillable from the original container.
Do not try to pour the CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL Diatomaceous Earth into the dispensers from the original container. It doesn’t pour like sugar or sand. Best to use a spoon or scoop.
For Outdoor Use: Cockroaches, Earwigs, Grasshoppers, Ants, Crickets, and other crawling insects: Lightly coat a thin layer of CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL Diatomaceous Earth in areas where these insects are found such as patios, outdoor sills, window and door frames.
Dust around foundations, along ant trails and around sewer pipes and drains. Repeat treatment as necessary.
CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL Diatomaceous Earth is a natural, organic garden pest control and household insect killer. CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL Diatomaceous Earth kills by physical action, not chemical. The tiny diatoms scratch off the insect’s waxy coating, and dehydrate it to death.
Organic garden pest control called CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL DIATOMACEOUS EARTH! It organically kills garden insects on huge farm crops as well as in home gardens.
PERMA-GUARD CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL—EPA REGISTERED AND APPROVED!
EPA REG. NO. 73729-1-67197 EPA ESTABLISHMENT NO. 67197-UT-001
Reducing Toxic Pesticides using Crawling Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth)
What is the Story?
Firstly, we live in a world where our “elites” have legalized the use of toxic pesticides. Unfortunately, to the household or the commercial farmer for a majority of the United States of America, it is readily available. Secondly, we have a new EPA administration that wants to roll back regulation on pesticides. For everything in the name of helping the economy from “evil regulations”. We all know the truth of how toxic they are but how toxic are they? Secondly, we want to be able to provide you with actual science on these chemicals. Crawling Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth) has eliminated these types of pesticides in households and gardens. We all have families and animals we love. There is no reason to cause real physical and psychological harm in the name of efficiency. In the next section, I want to explain some insecticides and what they kill. Scientific information related to the toxicology to humans is something we will share also. Not only humans but did you know that we have a growing number of bee deaths. Consequently, not only from GMO glyphosphate but this next list of pesticides can do the same. In conclusion, California is the ONLY state that counts the thousands of pounds that are used every year in their state. As a result, this number is getting to the 10,000+ of tons each new year….
Pesticides and Information about Toxic Effects on Humans
Seems like pesticides provide many benefits for farmers and consumers. Consequently, the price we pay the for the convenience is not right. There are some profound side effects that, without the help of the EPA, cause:
- Cancers – With a great deal of concern and debate surrounding pesticides. There is a large body of evidence that claims pesticides cause cancer in systems of the body. To counter this, the EPA has “reviewed” these pesticides and will provide toxicology information. But there is no mention of an alternative or a reduction plan.
- Endocrine Complications – A wide range of reports suggest that males lose their testosterone, androgens, and a healthy male reproductive organ. Who wants that? In some cases, frogs have been turned female!!!!
- Infertility & Sterility – Exposure to Pesticides has been linked to destruction of egg production, loss of sperm count, and many still-births
- Brain Damage – Pesticides may be to blame for mild cognitive dysfunction (MCD) and all the way to causing Parkinson’s in some European countries. Frying the cognitive function of a child before their brains develop. Very sad!
- Birth Defects – The link between birth defects and using pesticides is first in household pesticides that you can spray on insects to kill them on contact. These pesticides have a residual effect that WILL get to the placenta and WILL get to your baby.
- Respiratory Disorders – Have you noticed all this Asthma? Get your pesticides and chemicals out of the house. Put them in a detached building or a storage container approved by the EPA. The rise of wheezing, chronic asthma, chronic bronchitis, and farmer’s lung in the last 20 years should tell you something about the connection.
List of Pesticides and References to Toxicology
Insect Growth Regulators
Firstly, primarily focused on the rise of Fire Ant colonies in the south. In recent years the spike of this chemical in that area is staggering! Pyriproxyfen is the chemical and is in brands like Nylar, Spectracide, and MANY fire ant baits. Check out this link to TOXNET explaining the toxicology of the chemical.
Microbially Derived Insecticides
To start, most popular in brands that kill Bagworm, caterpillars, or thripes. Comes in granule, but mostly in spray form. Spinosad is the chemical that’s used widely all over the United States! There are natural forms but are less effective on the market than synthetic counterparts. Types of spinosad have been found on dead bees and considered to cause bee deaths. Furthermore, you will find this chemical in bagworm or tent caterpillar sprays and other products similar. Spinosad also finds its way into insecticidal soaps that claim to be OMRI Organic.
Botanical or plant derived pyrethrums
To start, this is included in brands like raid flying insect killer, schulz’s Plant Spray, and many others. Beings it is one of the most popular, it is the most widely used. Associated with asthma and chronic breathing conditions is troublesome. Pyrethrum is a chemical that is common place to find in the blood stream of animals and children. Lastly, people use this type of pesticide for any flying, garden, or crawling insect.
In conclusion, Crawling Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth) has made as much a dent as possible in the use of these chemicals. We will continue to promote this NON-GMO and Organic way of eliminating pesky insects from the household and garden. Therefore, done without poisoning our mother earth and poisoning the individuals we love. I encourage you to do your own research. In addition, when you have the time today, check your chemical cabinet to see if you can find any of these chemicals in your home. Lastly, Check out our page on Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth by clicking here!
CHECK OUT THIS GREAT VIDEO ON HOW TO APPLY TO YOUR HOUSEHOLD PETS TO GET RID OF YOUR PETS FLEAS AND IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD!
HOW TO GET RID OF FLEAS
Kill Fleas Naturally
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLICATION
1. Apply Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth to the pet’s entire fur coat making sure to rub it down to the skin. Do this for a period for two weeks, every day. Make sure not to miss the legs, belly, or hind quarters.
2. During this two week period take the product and apply in a light and visible coat to pet bedding indoors, flooring around the bedding, rugs, and upholstery. Leave for the first week, clean, and then reapply for the next week in the same fashion.
3. Clean thoroughly indoors and see where you stand. In most cases this eliminates the population and cuts off the gestational period. We do understand that in some cases fleas can get out of hand and we ask if you still notice some to reapply for another week or two both to your pet indoors.
IF YOUR PETS ARE OUTSIDE:
1. Apply Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth in the same fashion to your pet’s entire fur coat every couple of days to ensure a good preventative measure.
2. Apply Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth also around the perimeter of kennels, cages, perimeter of your house and make sure it is light visible. BE sure to reapply to the perimeter and other areas if it rains.
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 all summer to ensure the proper protection
4. (Optional) Florida is one of that states that has sand fleas and they are in huge numbers so some choose to apply to the entire lawn a few times to kill off a majority of the population. Mix 1/2 Lawn Sand & 1/2 Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth in a fertilizer spreader to ensure the product falls correctly and evenly. Product is very fine so be sure not to open the spreader too much. Play with it to get the right application rate. Make sure the application is light and visible and re-apply after every rain
(*Rule of Thumb…If it rains and you are unable to see the application it is time to re-apply). For example, try to apply to the lawn when you have a stretch of sunny and clear weather to avoid the product being washed away the next day if it rains.
HOW TO GET RID OF BEDBUGS
Kill Bed Bugs Naturally
Firstly, crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth and a couple of plastic applicators (one to sprinkle powder and the other to puff powder) is all you need to get rid of bed bugs organically. No toxic chemicals. No exterminator fees. No need to move out of the house during the process. Full instructions for use of CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth is on this page, and ordering is easy and inexpensive.
To Start: You can start with CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL, (1) refillable PD-001 plastic dispenser used to sprinkle the powder ($4.00) and (1) Pest Pistol Powder Duster to puff the powder into crevices ($8.99).
When transferring the CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth from the original container, do not try to pour it. Use a large spoon or scoop. Being a fine powder, DE shakes well from the shaker, but does not pour like sand or sugar.
Crawling Insect Control diatomaceous earth will not only kill the bed bugs you have, but will do it without chemicals.
Remember – Bed bugs are not your fault. You can pick up bed bugs from hotel rooms and infected places and innocently bring bed bugs home. To kill bed bugs naturally and eliminate bed bugs organically use CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth.
You can spend hundreds of dollars on exterminators to get rid of Bed Bugs with dangerous chemicals and poisons, or you can protect the health of your family and pets with CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL Diatomaceous Earth.
The microscopic CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth particles are deadly to the Bed Bug. The particles attach themselves to the bed bugs body and physically “scratches and dehydrates them to death!” Because it kills them mechanically, they cannot become immune to it like they do with so many of the chemicals today. Because it’s a mineral, once you put it down it stays there and keeps working. You may sweep it up as you get rid of the dead Bed Bugs, but CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth doesn’t lose power over time.
General Application Introduction:
Bed bugs cannot fly, so make sure bed is away from the wall and there is no bedding touching the floor.
Surround each of the 4 legs of the bed with CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth–this will kill them as they try to get on the bed the only way possible. Dismantle bed. Use CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth in joints, crevices and where rungs are inserted. See that all interior areas are dusted.
Dust mattresses especially folds and edges. All cracks and crevices in the bedroom should be treated. Remove electrical outlet covers and puff some CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth inside the walls. The “Pest Pistol” works great for this.
HOW TO APPLY DE TO KILL BED BUGS
1. Wash all bedding and clothes in hot water—add a little Clorox with the soap(optional). Dry in dryer on the highest heat setting. Please seal clothing and bedding you are not using and be sure to keep it out of the contaminated area. If you can, use a steam cleaner on your mattress,box spring, cushions on furniture and any area of furniture you can get too.
2. Take the time to move bed, dressers, shelves away from walls if possible. Also make sure there is no skirting or anything other than the 4 legs/bottom of furniture or bedding, touching the floor. Be sure to follow this protocol the entire time of application! Better safe than sorry!
3. With your hands or an applicator, dust some CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL diatomaceous earth in a light and visible fashion to:
A. Mattress, Box Spring, Ridges along mattress and box spring
B. Furniture like chairs and couches. Apply to under cushions and to the ridges of the cushions. Also apply some to the inside of the furniture and down in the sides.
C. The very front of baseboards or mop boards in ALL rooms. Be sure to have an even and light application. Not more than an 1/8th of an inch thick and be sure NOT to miss a spot. You do not want to give them a small path to get around this product. If you are not able to move furniture or dresser away from the wall, be sure to apply to the base of it (where it touches the floor).
4. Apply the product around the legs of furniture and your bed. Be sure to form a circle in a light and visible fashion around the legs. If your furniture or bed does not have legs be sure to apply to the area where the item touches the floor.
5. Take off the electrical outlet covers and light switch covers and using our pest pistol, puff some DE into the walls via the outlets and light switches. Also take our Pest Pistol Powder Duster and puff the product in the small crevice that is between the baseboard/mop board and the wall. Bed Bugs love to live there and are the main way they spread from room to room. Be very careful – use nothing that would conduct electricity and shock you.
6. Keep application down for 7 days and then please clean all applications to the flooring and around legs of bed and furniture. Please reapply to those same locations in the same fashion for the next 7 days. You do not have to worry about application to furniture, walls, or in the frame of your bed as they are there for good You may clean these spots after your bedbugs are gone. To be honest we suggest you leave the product in those locations for further use and as a preventative measure against any insect that may want to enter your home.
So lets review:
Be sure to keep the application in walls, inside furniture, frame of bed, and mattress/box spring down and not to clean during the application process. Any application that you would apply to the flooring needs to be cleaned with a household vacuum every 7 days and then reapplied right after you clean for a fresh application, for another 7 days. So we need you to apply to those locations for a total of 4 weeks, being sure to clean any application to flooring every 7 days and then reapply for the next 7 days. Just repeat this for 4 weeks to ensure you cut off the gestational period of the bed bug, completely wiping them out.
BED BUG FACTS
1. Bed Bugs are usually no more than 1/4 inch in length in their adult state and can engorge themselves with human blood in less than 15 minutes causing their bodies to fill to as much as three times its usual size. Fully engorged bed bugs bear little resemblance to their original state and are often thought to be a different insect altogether.
2. Bed bugs can lay between one and five eggs per day with an incubation period of 10 days in warm weather (slightly longer when cool). These newly hatched bed bugs will require five significant blood feedings to reach adult size. They will molt in between feedings by shedding their exoskeleton. Once mature they will begin the process of laying new eggs.
3. Adult female bedbugs can lay more than 200 eggs during their lifetime and the new generation of bed bugs will immediately seek a blood meal and they might be looking at you through hungry compound eyes. When they are finished eating they leave tiny sores to remind you of their midnight binge.
4. There are other types of bed bugs including the bat bug, the chimney swift bug, and the swallow bug. All of these relatives survive on blood feeding, however these secondary parasites thrive on either bats or birds as their primary victims.
5. Bed bugs feed on the blood of human beings, but can suck blood from other animals as well. Birds and mice are the most common animals. Bed bugs most often feed at nighttime when people are asleep. When they feed, they inject a salivary secretion into the wound to prevent coagulation. The fluid can cause a person’s skin to itch and even become swollen. Scratching can cause sores which often become infected. Bed bugs are not known to transmit any human blood-borne pathogens.
6. An adult bed bug is about 1/5-inch long, oval in shape and flat. They’re generally brown except after sucking blood. Their body then becomes swollen and the color changes to a dark red.
7. Bed bugs like to hide in the cracks and electrical outlets in walls, behind wallpaper, base boards and picture frames, between beds and around the creases of mattresses and in bedding materials. They have a rather pungent odor which is caused by an oil-like liquid they emit. Bed bugs are often carried into houses by clothes, luggage, furniture, and bedding. Or sometimes even by humans.
8. Bed bugs seek harborage in cracks and crevices. Common harborages in hotel rooms and cruise ship cabins include: folds and creases in bed linens, seams, tufts and under buttons on mattresses, in drapery pleats and hems, beneath loose wallpaper, in headboards, desks, entertainment centers and nightstands, behind base molding in wall-mounted artwork, etc.
BED BUG BITES
The words “bed bugs” are enough to send most of us running with skin all quiver at the thought of little blood-sucking creatures crawling all over us as we sleep. These little bugs are pests, to be sure, and they can be difficult to get rid of once they have decided to make your house their home, hiding during the daylight hours in cracks and crevasses where they are almost impossible to excise.
Because of this, you may not realize right away that bed bugs are the source of the annoying sores on your legs when you wake up in the mornings. Bed bugs are attracted by both warmth and the presence of carbon dioxide, which is what we exhale in breathing. The bugs climb up onto your skin and pierce you with two hollow tubes, one of which injects anti-coagulants and anesthetics. The other tube is used to withdraw your blood, feeding for about five minutes before returning to their hiding places.
There may be a cluster of bites instead of singular ones when you awake, and this is typically caused by disturbing the bugs while they feed, causing them to detach and return to feed momentarily. A well fed bedbug can live anywhere from four to six months, while a dormant one might live without feeding for up to 18 months.
The bites can be found just about anywhere on your body, with exposed bits of skin being the preferred feeding ground for the bugs, making your face a target along with arms and legs. The bites cannot be felt at first, but as the anesthetics wear off and the skin begins to react to the injections, the bites can make themselves felt minutes or even hours after the bedbugs have returned to hiding.
If you have bedbugs, your infestation can get worse very quickly since a female bedbug can lay up to five eggs per day, and up to around 500 eggs in her lifetime. Since it takes only five weeks for hatched nymphs to grow to maturity, your problems could expand exponentially within a relatively short period of time, and infestations can be hard to control.
The History of Bed Bugs:
Bed bugs have been around for centuries. Documentation reaching as far back as the 17th century has told about infestations of bed bugs. In the United States, bed bugs were very common until about World War II. With the introduction of such pesticides as DDT, a great decrease in infestations occurred. It was not until the last decade that reported cases gave an indication of a possible rise in bed bug infestations.
Authorities believe that the rise in reports can be attributed to the extermination tactics of pest control today. Today, many pest control experts use baiting tactics for in-home infestations of such things as ants, roaches, and spiders. These baiting tactics work well for their intended subjects, but since bed bugs are blood feeders, they do not fall for the baiting tricks used. This change in exterminating technique has contributed to the rise in reported bed bug infestations.
Identifying a bed bug:
Adult bed bugs are generally flattened and reddish brown in color. They resemble apple seeds in appearance and size. Newly hatched nymphs look very much like adults. Although they are almost colorless, they gain their reddish brown color as they mature. The adult bed bug may lay up to 5 eggs daily. These eggs are almost impossible for humans to see with the naked eye, and resemble a flake of dust on a dark surface.
A quick look at the facts:
Bed bugs are small bloodsucking insects that feed on humans and other warm-blooded animals. Bed Bugs often hide in mattresses but they can also survive in furniture, behind wall coverings and pictures/paintings. They will crawl and nest inside tiny crevices anywhere indoors, as long as there is a source of food (blood).While bed bugs do not transmit any pathogens or diseases, their bites usually result in swollen red, itchy welts. Bed bugs are typically nocturnal insects (they creep about at nighttime).
There are other types of bed bugs including the bat bug, the chimney swift bug and the swallow bug. All of these relatives survive on blood feeding. However these secondary parasites thrive on either bats or birds as their primary victims.
Small reddish or brownish spots on one’s linens are often the first sign of an infestation. These spots are the bed bug’s droppings. Another sign is swelling where you’ve been bitten.
Bed bugs are not necessarily a sign of unkempt/dirty homes or buildings.
A female bed bug can lay as many as 500 eggs during her lifetime.
Bed bugs are less than 1/4 inch in length, flat, and oval-shaped like; a bit like a sunflower seed.
Bed bugs can go up to a year without a blood meal.
A bed bug’s saliva features an anesthetic to numb the pain as its biting. It also contains anti-coagulant to keep the blood of its meal host flowing.
Furniture that is inspected should be inspected thoroughly. Remove “pull out” drawers and inspect any and all small creases and openings.
Taking apart furniture is often advised if you want to get at the source of the bed bug infestation.
Doing this in a garage or outdoors is preferred, if possible.
The covering on the bottom of a box spring bed should be taken off for inspection and treatment measures. If the infestation is severe, you may want to dispose of the mattress.
Bed bugs are many times also found underneath the edges of carpets, where ceilings and walls meet, behind light switch covers and outlets, in clothes, inside appliances, and behind baseboards and carpet stays.
There are a number of things you can do to stop the itching.
1. Apply a calamine lotion to each bed bug bite or area of bites.
2. Do not scratch the bed bug bites. Everyone will react differently to bed bug bites. Some people may not even notice them. Others will have a very intense itching sensation. Scratching only makes the itching worse and can actually cause an infection.
Bed bug dangers:
When a bed bug bites, it injects an anti-blood clotting chemical into the skin. Some people may actually be allergic to bed bugs, and the degree of itching is determined by how allergic a person is. If you notice any signs of infection, call your physician IMMEDIATELY. Scratching the bites can also result in an infection. If you do not get an infection, the bites are simply an irritating nuisance. It may take a few weeks for the itching to subside and for the welts to disappear. BED BUGS DO NOT CARRY PATHOGENS as mosquitoes or ticks do!
PERMA-GUARD CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL—EPA REGISTERED AND APPROVED!
EPA REG. NO. 73729-1-67197 EPA ESTABLISHMENT NO. 67197-UT-001
DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL): THE NON-GMO & ORGANIC ROACH KILLER
Firstly, roaches are common in the US especially in the arid climates of the southwest and other parts of the US. They are attracted to food that has not been stored properly or left out to be cleaned at another time. Roaches, like many other insects, are becoming immune to pesticides, fumigation, and other treatments while the cost of these treatments continues to climb. I mean, ROACHES CAN SURVIVE A NUCLEAR BLAST! So chemicals are out of the question in regards to controlling the population. Diatomaceous Earth Organic Roach Killer (Crawling insect Control) is an Organic & NON-GMO option to protect your family from poisons and to rid this disgusting insect from your home.
Diatomaceous Earth (Organic Roach Killer) works to kill a roach by dehydrating them to death, whereas with poisons you have to wait for the residual effect to kill them by toxicity. As long as a roach comes into contact with the powder and it gets on its exoskeleton, it is just a matter of time before it dies from the stress of dehydration. Please read and follow these steps to ensure your Diatomaceous Earth (Crawling Insect Control) is used correctly.
- Clean, clean, clean! Good sanitation chores everyday will be your best defense against a roach infestation! That chip that fell behind the couch could have brought them in! When cleaning your home, look for cockroaches and mark the places they like to hide or stay with a piece of colored tape or post-it note. Be sure to check around cracks and crevices with a flashlight.
- Get your vacuum out and make sure to make a second pass in every room to ensure that the carpeting is very clean. Again making maintaining this cleaning method is your best defense. When causing go the extra step and move your furniture to be sure all areas including under furniture is vacuumed thoroughly.
- Damp areas are a no no when trying to apply Diatomaceous Earth (Crawling Insect Control) as this NON-GMO powder needs to be dry to be effective against ANY crawling insect. Using any type of caulk, sealant, or silicone, be sure to seal up any and cracks under sinks, bathroom, near baseboards, or around doors that have poor or missing weather stripping. This fix is permanent and would be a good time to take case of these small cosmetic glitches. It will keep the roaches out and that is what matters the most in this situation.
- This is the step where you need to start applying Diatomaceous Earth (Crawling Insect Control) and if you have not finished cleaning your house to a sparkly shine, please do so before you apply. Areas when an even, light, and visible application needs to be applied to are as follows…Behind baseboards, wall sockets (be sure to take the plates off, light switches (be sure to take the plates off), under appliances, under sinks, cracks or crevices, and where food is commonly dropped and forgotten about. Please use the Pest Pistol Powder Duster to aid you in getting this powder in those locations. Leave applied for 7 days and then repeat steps 1-4 every week for 1 month.
- Apply Diatomaceous Earth Crawling Insect Control (Organic Roach Killer) around the outside foundation of your home. Be sure to go out at least 1 foot from the start of your foundation to ensure proper protection from these bugs and other crawling insects as well. Whether you live in a dry or damp area this is an important step in making sure the roaches come into contact with it before they have a chance to enter the home. This will not deter them from entering but they will not live as long and the hope is that is will dehydrate them for instance before they lay eggs. Leave down for 7 days or after a rain. Reapply and keep applied for 1 month just being sure the product is applied in a light, even, and visible fashion.
- (Optional:) Crawlspaces are a breeding ground for roaches (limited human contact) and need to be treated as well. Take 3-5lbs of Diatomaceous Earth (Crawling Insect Control) and pile it near the entrance. Using a leaf blower or similar machine, point at the pile and blow the powder into the crawlspace. Please give it 15 minutes to settle and then visually inspect the crawlspace being sure it is coated. If not be sure to repeat this process directing the powder to the location where it is not applied to.
Indoor Ant Treatment Using Crawling Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth)
Firstly, being one of the most common insects that invade the home can make some prepare for warmer weather when they may want to come inside your home looking for food. They can be a nuisance for the single family home all the way up to become a problem. Why use Diatomaceous (Crawling Insect Control) Earth for ant treatment? Because it is an organic option instead of harming your pets, kids, and yourselves using expensive chemicals. As long as the product stays dry it will outlast any residual effect pesticides have. Plus this product kills by a physical action and not a chemical so there is no way the for the ant to become immune to it. Its 100% effective as long as you are applying it correctly and the ant actually comes into contact with it.
How To Apply Indoor Ant Treatment Using Crawling Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth)
You will need two things:
- Crawling Insect Control Diatomaceous Earth and we have two different sizes.
- applicator called the Pest Pistol Powder Duster
- Find areas around your house where you have seen ants crawling. Mark places where you think and where they may be able to enter your house.
- Apply powder in an even and light application to all baseboards using our pest pistol powder duster in every room and be sure to focus on window sills and doorways.
- Apply powder in an even and light application to the outside foundation of your home being sure to go out 6″ from the start of the foundation
- Leave application indoors and outside applied for 7 days and then clean the best you can. in most cases the ants are eliminated and in other cases you may see 1 or 2 of them. Just be sure to repeat if you see more. Its a matter of time as they get killed off that they will realize it is not the best place to look for food and they will leave.
CONTROLLING ANT HILLS USING DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL)
Many have problems with ants in their home and this may be deterred by stopping the problem where it begins, the Ant Hills!
In this post we will go over how to take care of the ants by applying DE to the Ant Hills. This works well for all ant types even fire ants and carpenter.
Things To Gather:
- Broom stick (Metal, Plastic, Wood)
- 2 Liter Bottle of Club Soda
- 1 Cup Diatomaceous Earth (Crawling Insect Control)
- Few Sticks or Flags To Mark Ant Hills or Areas Where Ant Hills are Present
Steps to Control Ant Hills Using Diatomaceous Earth Crawling Insect Control:
- Gather needed supplies, mark off ant hills or areas of any hills using some sticks you find on the ground or use some colored flags to do the job.
- Mix 1 cup of Diatomaceous Earth (Crawling Insect Control) with 2 liters of club soda until well blended. *You may have to stir again to be sure the product has not settled to the bottom of the container
- Take broom stick and stick into the center of the hole of the ant hill and push down about 6 inches. Next you want to twist and bend that broom stick all around while still in the ground. What this does is breaks apart the queens chamber and causes the workers to scramble to try and fix the chamber or make a new one for her to move to quickly
- Remove broom stick and immediately after, slowly pour the solution you just mixed up into the hole you created. The club soda will help to break up more the chambers and expose more of the ants and QUEEN to the diatomaceous earth.
Works very well with any kind of ant especially fire and carpenter in the southern states. Carpenter and sugar ants have smaller mounds and we recommend a smaller stick to break it up. For example the end of a wooden stirring spoon or end of a spatula.
Crawling Inset Control (Diatomaceous Earth): Organic & NON-GMO Wasp & Hornet Prevention
Springtime is a wonderful time to enjoy blooming flowers and lots of showers to help green things up! Spring time can also be a troubling time for some, especially if you are battling wasps or hornets around the house and yard. Many feel it is not safe to let their kids play outside with wasp or hornets around and we don’t blame them. They can be aggressive if provoked so it is better we leave them be. Before the infestation gets to be problem, take into account a NON-GMO and Organic prevention called Crawling Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth). This product is very safe for any pets or children and is a great prevention for these insects. They do not like to build their nests where this is applied. Follow these steps to help this season! Be sure to check out our Home Pest Control Bundle to save 16%.
Firstly, Examine your yard and focus on areas where they have built their nests the year previously. The majority of these insects populate areas like your grill, under stairs, gutters, under your deck, and deck furniture. Apply this product to these problem areas in a visible and 1/8 in application.
Apply the product to these areas using our Plastic Dispenser, Pest Pistol Powder Duster, or our Dustin-Mizer Powder Duster. Be sure to get a great coverage area. It may be a good idea to apply in a wet application if you are in a very dry area of the world. Mix 1 cup of this product per 1 gallon of water.
Be sure to repeat this process every 4-5 weeks. If you see more or if you have an unusually high amount of them, there is no problem with applying more. If your application has been exposed to a rain and it washes it away, be sure to reapply it.
Check out this video for more information regarding Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth!
Before you purchase (2) of this size, be sure to order our 4-2.5lb jugs for the same price!
(2.5Lb Jug) 100% Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth$23.50
2 Year supply with this size!
(10Lb Bag) 100% Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth$29.50
You are getting (2) jugs for free when you buy this size!
(4-2.5Lb Jugs) 100% Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth$39.50
For a discounted rate on (5) of this item, call us at 1-800-228-5836