Treat Lice Naturally with Diatomaceous Earth

Benefits of Diatomaceous Earth

Diatomaceous Earth: Treat Lice Naturally

One of the biggest fears among school children’s parents is Lice. Yuck, but we have to deal with it but do we have to deal with it by putting toxic chemicals right next to our child’s brain? I don’t think so and nature is the driving force to just say no. According to the American Chemical Society, they found that in 2014, 99.6 percent of lice tested had developed gene mutations making them resistant to common over-the-counter or even prescription medications! In California, Florida, Maine, and Minnesota, every insect sampled was resistant to the toxic pesticide permethrin. So like we have been preaching all these years, what do you do without that magic pesticide? Well, we have an organic, NON-GMO, and NON-TOXIC alternative that really works to treat lice!

Mainstream media is weighing in

Even the likes of Dr. Mercola have picked up on the power of diatomaceous earth and how much of a safe alternative it really is compared to chemicals from the store or doctor. Just take it from him:

“Only one thing sends more shivers down the spines of school-aged children’s parents than head lice…and that is mutant head lice. Research from 2014 of lice samples from the US and Canada showed almost all of the insects (99.6 percent) had developed gene mutations making them resistant to common over-the-counter lice shampoos.
Such shampoos often contain the toxic pesticide permethrin… which should not be placed anywhere near a child’s scalp due to the health risks alone. But now it appears the chemicals will no longer be effective either.”

Now even CNN is weighing in:

“The insecticides in these products are supposed to work by getting into the nerve cells of lice and changing the cell’s chemistry in a way that leads to muscle paralysis and eventually death. However, there are lice that randomly have mutations in genes that make them less susceptible to these insecticides, said Richard Pollack, a public health entomologist at Harvard University.
It is not clear how, but it could be that these genetic changes cause insect nerve cells to take up less insecticide or to pump more of it out of the cells. When these insecticides are used a lot, the naturally resistant, probably rare, lice have a survival advantage. Just like how bacterial populations can become resistant to antibiotics, these lice take over the population, Pollak said.”

So with all this worry, our product diatomaceous earth can be the answer to parents prayers! Let’s give you a lowdown on how to do this:

How to Kill Lice Using Diatomaceous Earth

There is really no reason to apply pesticides to your child. Many find that an application of diatomaceous earth does wonders compared to even other natural remedies out there. Diatomaceous Earth is made up of the tiny fossilized remains of diatoms, which are single-celled plants. The diatoms are ground up and made into a very fine powder and when they have contact with an insect, will suck the fats from the exoskeleton of the insect making it so the insect cannot keep its own fluids within itself. Diatomaceous Earth simply sucks the body fluids from it and dries them to death. Diatomaceous Earth is non-toxic to humans as long as it is 100% Diatomaceous Earth preferably food grade unless you want to use powdered quartz which is found in filter grade diatomaceous earth. Do not use that stuff, we repeat, do not use it.  Also, Diatomaceous Earth is very fine and if inhaled for prolonged periods in massive amounts, could cause some lung irritation.

So here are the directions on how to apply this:

1. Place an old T-shirt upside down over your child’s head so the collar forms a seal around the scalp.
2. Apply DE to your child’s hair, while being careful to keep the dust inside of the T-shirt “bag”
3. Tie off the open end of the T-shirt and massage the DE into your child’s scalp.
4. Allow it to sit overnight, then shampoo it out the next day.
5. This should be followed by a thorough combing with an EXTRA fine comb. Please reapply every couple of days for a two week period.

In conclusion, I can honestly say that chemicals that you find that are over the counter and even prescribed are outdated and poison the population leading to further disease. Diatomaceous Earth trumps everything the doctor can push on your when it comes to head lice so use the natural way to kill these things. Feel free to share this information with your doctor or other families that may be suffering. In our eyes, every school should have a bag of this in the stock room to be sure they can kill off infestations quickly in cooperation with parents. Feel free to check out our information by clicking this link to our site, earthworkshealth.com, to find out more information about what diatomaceous earth can do for your family and health!

Andrew Hemmer
Earthworkshealth.com
1-800-228-5836
info@earthworkshealth.com